Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Twitter

I’ve been on Twitter for a while but haven’t really spent the time to use it effectively. At the Northern Colorado Writers Conference last weekend, I attended a session on Twitter and received some good recommendations. Then this morning I participated in a webinar put on by Harlequin on Twitter (I’m a Harlequin author since my two geezer-lit mysteries are out in a book club edition through Worldwide Mysteries, an imprint of Harlequin). Once again I learned that I need to be more proactive with my Twitter usage. They also recommended using your real name as a username in Twitter. I used to have my user name as geezerlit in Twitter but I’ve changed it to mikebefeler so readers can find me more easily. One of the useful recommendations for social media is to follow the 12:1 rule. Put out twelve messages with information for every message that promotes yourself. I’m being dragged kicking and screaming into the world of Twitter. Look out. I’m going to really learn how to tweet one of these days.

No comments: