Thursday, October 10, 2019

Writing Paranormal Geezer-lit Mystery Novels

My first published books were the Paul Jacobson Geezer-lit Mystery series featuring an octogenarian with short-term memory loss. My agent at the time suggested I explore paranormal mysteries so I wrote and had published The V V Agency that features a shape-shifting private investigator. Next, I decided to combine geezer-lit and paranormal with The Back Wing, a mystery that takes place in a retirement home with very extraordinary residents. After a number of other published mystery novels, I’m back with a sequel titled, The Front Wing.

In The Front Wing, a Harold and Bella paranormal geezer-lit mystery, people on a waiting list to get into the Front Wing of a retirement community have accidents and are killed. Harold McCaffrey marshals the special abilities of his unusual friends including aging witches, vampires, werewolves and shape-shifters to solve the mystery. And don’t believe the myth that vampires don’t age. They get older, move into retirement homes, lose their teeth and gum people on the throat, The Front Wing will be published in November by Encircle Publications.
 
 

No comments: