Saturday, June 13, 2009

Florida

This last week I took a trip to Florida to give a presentation at the Cummings Library in Palm City, Florida, and did a signing at the Vero Beach Book Center. I had never been to the Treasure Coast of Florida and enjoyed some time to be a tourist as I drove between West Palm Beach and Vero Beach. In Vero Beach I drove by Dodgertown. I was an avid Brooklyn Dodger fan when I was a kid and it brought back memories of my favorite players of the 1950s. Too bad the Dodgers moved to Los Angeles, and now they’ve moved their spring training headquarters to Arizona. I had a chance to meet some great people and also enjoyed conversations on the plane there and back. Outside of dodging a thunder storm on the return to Denver, the flights were uneventful and on time. The question I’ve been asked lately is if my Geezer-lit Mystery series were made into movies, who would I see playing my octogenarian protagonist Paul Jacobson? One possibility would be Clint Eastwood since Paul comes across as crusty but really means well.

No comments: