Saturday, May 8, 2010

Older Americans Month

This is Older Americans Month. The theme this year is: Age Strong! Live Long! I’m on the Aging Advisory Council for Boulder County, Colorado, where I live. Yesterday we had a meeting in Nederland which is up in the mountains from Boulder. Arriving after several inches of snow had fallen from a May snowstorm, we learned about the operation of the Community Services Department of our county government. Wrist bands were handed out with the theme of the Older Americans Month, so I’m proud to wear mine and take my place with other older Americans.

2 comments:

Bob McDonnell said...

Soons good. Are the bracklets available elsewhere>

Mike Befeler, author of geezer-lit and paranormal mysteries said...

Bob,
I got mine through the Aging Services Deparment of my county (they were giving them out). You might check with the counterpart in your county, or at local senior centers.
Mike Befeler