Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Juggling Writing and Editing

I only work on one new writing manuscript at a time, but I may have multiple projects in various stages of editing. Right now, I’m writing the sixth book in the Paul Jacobson Geezer-lit Mystery series. At the same time, I have two other manuscripts being reviewed by my two online critique groups. As I get feedback from my critique partners, I go back and edit these novels. Then I’ve just completed the copy edits for the fourth book in the Paul Jacobson series, Cruising in Your Eighties Is Murder. This is scheduled for publication by Five Star in December of this year. Also, I have another novel for which I’m getting feedback from readers. As I get comments, I edit this one. And finally, I’ve recently signed a contract for book five in the Paul Jacobson series titled, Care Homes Are Murder. This manuscript is completed and has gone through my edits but next will be suggestions coming back from my developmental editor. Never a dull moment.

2 comments:

LaRita Jacobs said...

As a freelance magazine writer, I think there is nothing so valuable as a good critique group. When one of us gets published we all feel accomplished!

Glad to see you have some new Jacobson stories. Several friends and I read these novels as Kindle editions and have fun talking about the funniest scenes.

Good work!

Mike Befeler, author of geezer-lit and paranormal mysteries said...

LaRita,
Thanks for the comments. The next Paul Jacobson novel, Cruising in Your Eighties Is Murder, has completed copy edits and will be published Dec. 2012.