Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Vacation


I’m back from a Hawaiian vacation with our kids and grandkids. I grew up in Hawaii, so it’s always good to get back. What made it special this time was, after two years of planning, we were able to get all the kids and grandkids together at the same time. This is a rare event with our family spread out over the country. Although my wife and I are “retired” and have the flexibility to schedule travel when we want, my kids have their work schedules and grandkid school to deal with. I don’t know when we’ll get everyone together next, but I relish the time we had together. As a writer, I took this time off because my priority was being with our family. Now that we’re back home, I’m back on my morning writing schedule and afternoon critique group work. It always takes a few days to catch up, but it was well worth it. Here are a few pictures from our trip. 

Waimea Falls: 

Kailua Beach:

Blow Hole:


Disney Aulani:


No comments: