Thursday, February 12, 2015

Pikes Peak Writers Conference


I’m very loyal to writers’ conferences. Having attended my first one in 2002, I’ve found they have served me well as a means to learn how to improve my craft of writing, how to pitch to agents and editors, and how to promote my books. I sold my first novel, Retirement Homes Are Murder, as a result of a pitch session at a writers’ conference in 2005.

This year, I’ll be on the faculty of the Pikes Peak Writers Conference at the Colorado Springs Marriott, April 24-26, teaching three workshops. This coming Saturday, February 14, I’ll be participating in a preview event called “Write Your Heart Out” from 1-5 PM at the same location. My presentation is titled, “Avoid Dejection from Rejection” and previews the workshop I’ll be teaching in April on “Rejection Is Not a Four Letter Word.”

No comments: