Thursday, May 23, 2019

Giving Book Talks

I enjoy giving presentations about my published books at libraries, book stores, book clubs and service organizations such as Rotary, Kiwanis and Optimist. When I was a child I never thought this would be the case because I was painfully shy and introverted. But over a business career I learned to give speeches and now look forward to them rather than dread them.

When each of my new books is published, I develop a new presentation. My objective is to put together an entertaining and humorous speech. I typically have a theme and then indirectly tie this to my book. For example, my current presentation is about pickleball, a sport I play and one that’s featured in my latest mystery novel, Paradise Court.

Most of my talks are in person, but I also have done conference call and Skype presentations to other locations.  If any of you want me to speak to one of your groups, you can contact me at mikebef@aol.com.

 

No comments: