Thursday, January 9, 2020

Revisions to a Self Published Book

Sixteen of my books have been published by traditional publishers. Of these, one, The V V Agency, is now self-published after the original publisher went out of business. The Tesla Legacy, a thriller based upon inventions of eccentric genius, Nikola Tesla, was originally self-published. The beauty of self-published books is that the author gets all the royalties and has complete control over the book.

Last fall I taught a fiction writing course through Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at California State University at Long Beach. This program is for older adults. I enjoyed the experience of sharing what I have learned about the writing process. A side benefit for me was that one of my students purchased a copy of The Tesla Legacy. It turns out that he is an excellent copy editor and he sent me a number of corrections for the book. Given that this is self-published, I have gone in and made the necessary changes for both the print and e-book editions, a simple process that allows the revised book to be available within days.

No comments: