Thursday, August 6, 2020

Exercise During Pandemic

I try to exercise every day. This goes back to when I was a kid and in college playing competitive tennis. As I got older I replaced tennis with platform tennis and then pickleball. I also had a hip and a knee replacement and went through physical therapy after these surgeries. I suffer from arthritis so it’s important for me to keep my joints moving. At the present time I’m not playing pickleball, but I’ve been suffering through golf once a week and doing daily stretches and exercises. What works for me is doing this in the morning right after breakfast. I have a number of stretches and exercises for back, hips and knees. Then I ride the stationary bike for twenty minutes. During week days I also get exercise with my 5-year-old grandson who keeps me moving. On weekends I take a walk for approximately 50 minutes. All of this keeps me mobile and definitely helps maintain a positive mental outlook.


No comments: