Thursday, June 2, 2022

Reading Fiction or Non-fiction

Do you read fiction or non-fiction? I read both. Since I primarily write mystery novels, I read a lot of mysteries, but I also read many other fiction genres. I also enjoy non-fiction, particularly on a subject I’m trying to learn more about. I remember one author giving a cautionary note of not reading something very similar to what you’re writing at the time. This makes sense. My wife enjoys going to My Little Library book boxes in our neighborhood, so she’s always trading in and bringing interesting books to read. I also belong to three book clubs and read numerous good books I wouldn’t have encountered otherwise. Finally, my best source is recommendations from friends. All of this provides me with a wide source of reading material.


No comments: