Thursday, February 9, 2023

Where Has Customer Service Gone?

I’ve seen many examples of companies treating existing customers as second-class citizens. When I was in the business world, the emphasis was on keeping customers by providing good service. Today, I experience a lack of interest in providing good customer service. The most recent example is a bank where we have a certificate of deposit. The CD has come due, so I checked with the bank on current rates for renewal. They gave me a lower rate than a rate they were advertising in the lobby. The banker explained that the advertised rate was for “new customers.” Voila. As an existing customer, I was being treated as a second-class citizen. You would think they would give me the best rate to retain me as a customer. No deal. I closed the account and moved my money to another bank that gave the best rates to everyone.

No comments: