Thursday, March 23, 2023

A Successful Left Coast Crime Conference

Last week’s Left Coast Crime Conference in Tucson was a great success. Approximately 500 mystery writers and fans gathered to hear panels, discuss mystery novels and chat. I participated in the Author Speed Dating during which I traveled from table to table with fellow mystery author Alan Orloff. We each gave the attendees at 18 tables a pitch about our latest mystery novels.


 I was on two panels. The first was titled, How Do You Know What’s Funny, with Catriona McPherson, Leslie Karst, Ed Lin and D. R. Ransdell. It was a hoot, and we kept the audience entertained.


 My second panel was titled, Senior Sleuths, with Alicia Gaspar de Alba, Barna W. Donovan, Ellen Kirschman and Susan McCormick. Since I write primarily about older characters, this was an enjoyable opportunity to share our experiences.

 


I hosted the Meet the New Authors Breakfast where each debut author gave a one-minute pitch on the most important thing readers should know about their new mystery novel.

 



On Saturday evening, I co-hosted a table at the awards banquet with fellow Encircle Publications author B. J. Magnani.

 



All-in-all it was a busy four days with many enjoyable conversations.

No comments: