Saturday, June 28, 2008

Reviewers and Other Interesting Characters

As a new author, I’ve paid close attention to reviews written about my geezer-lit mystery novel, Retirement Homes Are Murder. Fortunately, the reviews have been positive. But let me tell you a story I read about a reviewer who got in hot water for writing a review of a book that had not been written. Reviewer Kristian Lundberg claimed a book by an author named Mattsson had a weak plot and poor characterization. Unfortunately for the reviewer although the book had been listed in the publisher’s catalogue, the author had not yet written it. When confronted with this little fact, the reviewer admitted, “I got worked up in advanced about Mattsson because I detest her so greatly. But let’s hope the book is published so I get the chance to say it for real.”

No comments: