Saturday, December 18, 2010

Old Lions and Finding a Place for All Skills

I was told an interesting story about old lions at a presentation I gave on aging this last week. It seems old lions can’t move as well as the young lions, but they can still roar loudly. So when lions are hunting, they position the old lion in one place and the young lions in another. When game approaches, the old lion roars and this scares the game away from the old lion, right toward the young lions, who can quickly run down the next meal. As I become older, I guess I’ll have to work on my roar.

1 comment:

Eve said...

Okay, I like this. I'm not quite an old lioness yet, though it's fast approaching. I hope this means that I'll bite my tongue less often and actually say what I think. I'm going that already? Well I'll be danged.