Saturday, February 5, 2011

How We Cope

As we are getting our house back together after a fire, I have discovered I cope with the situation erratically. Sometimes, I’m resigned to how long it takes to get repairs completed and sometimes I get frustrated at the seemingly slow process. I was dealing pretty well with things until last night when, while fixing dinner on the microwave, the power went out. It took several phone calls to track down what to do, but finally we got power back on. I had visions of being in the dark with our furnace out on a cold winter night. Our cat has her way of coping. Whenever anyone besides my wife or me enters the house, she hides under the bed. I can identify. There I times I want to hide under the bed, but being a “responsible adult,” that’s not in the cards.

No comments: