Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Fiftieth High School Reunion


Not to date myself, but my wife and I just returned from my fiftieth high school reunion. A friend of ours went to a fiftieth high school reunion in Los Angeles, which consisted of an evening event. Going to a reunion for Punahou School in Hawaii is completely different. Ours was a nine day event. We started on the Big Island of Hawaii for three days and then flew to Honolulu for six days. Events included: a reception at the Waikoloa Marriott Hotel, a trip to a ranch, a trip to the Arizona memorial, a kickoff event on campus where I signed books, a reception at the Outrigger Canoe Club, a trip to Doris Duke’s Shangri-la estate, a visit to Iolani Palace, a party at a classmates house, a memorial church service for departed classmates, a reception at the school president's house, a luau and two picnics. Below are pictures:

Kahua Ranch on the island of Hawaii:


Kiholo Bay:


Arizona Memorial:


Doris Duke's Shangri-la:



Before luau on Punahou campus:


Luau with class of 1962:

My wife Wendy, Russell Ching, his wife Kathi, and Russell's mom who was celebrating her eightieth  reunion:



No comments: