Thursday, August 27, 2015

Using My Left Hand


Two months ago when we moved from Colorado to California, I suffered a hand infection (cellulitis) and for a week kept my right hand elevated while IV antibiotics were administrated. During this time I didn’t do any writing, but I checked email and sent messages. I suddenly learned to do things left handed. As an example I operated my computer mouse with my left hand. At first this felt unnatural, and I couldn’t keep the cursor in the correct spot, but with practice I became almost as proficient as with my right hand. Now that I’m fully recovered, I’ve continued to use the mouse left handed. Who says older people can’t change?

 

2 comments:

Patricia Stoltey said...

Hi Mike! Any chance you could add a "subscribe by email" gadget to your sidebar? It's the easiest way for me to follow new blog posts.

Jennifer Schuster said...

As the only left-hander in my family I learned years ago to use the mouse and pad with my right hand. Now, of course, I'm unable to do it with my dominant left hand.