Thursday, March 29, 2018

Report from the Left Coast Crime Conference

This year’s Left Coast Crime Conference completed this last Sunday. Here are my highlights:

I moderated the Meet the New Authors Breakfast and had the opportunity to introduce 21 new mystery authors. I have done this over the last eleven years. I particularly enjoy meeting these enthusiastic new authors and tracking their careers.

I also moderated a panel on writing multiple genres. We had a lively discussion on the subject of branding books that cross genres and branding authors who write more than one genre. The outstanding panelists were Maegan Beaumont, Daryl Wood Garber, Phoef Sutton and Keith Tittle.

Another highlight was at the awards banquet where I sat with guest of honor William Kent Krueger and his wife. He presented each of the people at the table with one of his books and a can of Spam (from his home state of Minnesota). Here is Kent addressing the conference.

 
I am already signed up for next year’s Left Coast Crime Conference which will be in Vancouver, Canada March 28-31, 2019.

No comments: