Thursday, June 13, 2019

After a Writers Conference

I have been attending writers conferences since 2002. When I lived in Colorado, I attended the Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers Conference annually. It was through this conference that I sold my first published book, Retirement Homes Are Murder, as a result of a pitch session to Deni Dietz of Five Star. Since moving to Southern California in 2015, I planned to attend the California Crime Writers Conference but was only able to go this year.

After a writers conference, I always come away inspired with new ideas. In previous writers conferences I have come up with insights that led to new manuscripts. I also have enjoyed the opportunity to mingle with other writers and to make new friends.

After the California Crime Writers Conference this last weekend, I came home with notes and action items to follow up on including new promotional and speaking opportunities. Wherever I am in my writing journey, writers conferences always provide a boost.

No comments: