Thursday, August 29, 2019

Pickleball

Have you played pickleball? It’s the fastest growing sport in the country and an enjoyable activity for all ages and abilities. Four courts can fit inside a regular tennis court. It’s played with a paddle and wiffle ball.

I came to pickleball after tennis and platform tennis. I played competitive tennis as a kid and in college, but after my joints became creaky, I converted over to the smaller court of platform tennis while living in Colorado. After moving back to Southern California, I began playing pickleball regularly.

I have two published sports mystery novels. The first, Court Trouble, features platform tennis in Boulder, CO, and the second, Paradise Court, is a pickleball mystery in Maui. Both have the same protagonist, Mark Yaeger, a retired entrepreneur. If you enjoy mysteries that keep you guessing and give you a few chuckles, you’ll get a kick out of these.

 

No comments: