Thursday, October 31, 2019

Teaching a Fiction Writing Class

I’m enjoying the opportunity of teaching a fiction writing class for the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at California State University Long Beach. This class meets once a week for eight weeks with attendees being age fifty or over.

The class offered me a chance to organize what I’ve learned in writing fiction novels over the last eighteen years, beginning in 2001 when I made the decision to prepare myself to retire into writing. I have taught course while in business and as an adjunct at the University of Colorado, as well as at writers conferences.

All the attendees at this OLLI course are there because of an interest in fiction writing and the desire to learn more about the process of writing and getting published. We are half way through the course, and at each session I’m bombarded with excellent questions.

No comments: