Thursday, February 13, 2020

Writing Older Characters Panel at The Left Coast Crime Conference

It’s always an honor to be selected for a panel at mystery conferences. I will be on the panel, Writing Older Characters: The Pros and Cons of Writing Senior Sleuths, on Friday, March 13, at The Left Coast Crime Conference (LCC2020) in San Diego. This is one of my favorite topics because the majority of my mystery novels feature older characters. This all began with my first published mystery, Retirement Homes Are Murder, which takes place in a retirement community with a protagonist, Paul Jacobson, who is in his mid-eighties and suffers from short-term memory loss. Even though he can’t remember the day before, he becomes an amateur sleuth and even has a romance with a young chick in her seventies. Thanks to fellow author, Christine Goff who introduced me to the term geezer-lit, I affectionately tag most of my novels as geezer-lit mysteries.

This panel at LCC2020 will be moderated by Rochelle Staab. Rochelle and I have worked together for a number of years to host The Meet the New Authors Breakfast at LCC, The panelists include Barbara Barrett, Janet Finsilver and Lisa Q. Matthews. I look forward to an interesting and entertaining panel.

No comments: