Thursday, March 5, 2020

Final Preparation for The Left Coast Crime Conference

The Left Coast Crime Conference takes place in San Diego from Thursday March 12 through Sunday March 15. I’m in final preparation for several events at the conference.

I have the honor of moderating the Meet the New Authors Breakfast on Friday March 13. This is the thirteenth year of this breakfast event in which new mystery authors speak for one minute on the most important thing readers should know about their debut novel, and I have moderated for twelve of the thirteen years having only missed one for a family commitment. Currently, we have eighteen new authors presenting.

I will be on a panel Friday afternoon on Writing Older Characters, a subject I’m looking forward to since most of my seventeen published books feature older characters.

Also, I will be participating in the Author Speed dating on Thursday morning. Fellow author, James L’Etoile, and I will team up to speak to eighteen tables of readers for two minutes each. We move from table to table during the morning.

In a future post I’ll discuss highlights of the conference.

No comments: