Thursday, July 2, 2020

Difficulty in Getting COVID-19 Testing

I live in a state that supports COVID-19 testing, yet I found it very difficult to get a testing appointment last week. Here’s the situation. Four of us were exposed to someone who tested positive. I went online to schedule a test and after trying over twenty-five locations that had no appointments available, my primary care physician’s office came through with an appointment. Unfortunately, there was no way for the four of us to be tested at the same time. I can understand that appointments have become more difficult because of the recent spike in cases, but it was disconcerting at how difficult it was to navigate through the system. The good news is that the test went quickly and painlessly. My son who lives in another state got tested recently before surgery and had to suffer through a long probe up his nostril. Mine was a short swab that I rubbed in both nostrils. The whole process of waiting in my car and getting tested took less time than driving to the site and back. The test results aren’t in yet, so I am awaiting the outcome.

No comments: