Thursday, July 16, 2020

Life or Death Decisions



With many of us staying home these days, I’ve read and heard many comments about boredom. Fortunately, this hasn’t been a problem for me since we take care of our five-year-old grandson each weekday, and he keeps us hopping. My concern is the life and death decisions that we are faced with. There is always risk in our lives, but currently even the most innocuous events pose risk. My one essential outing in public each week is masking up to go to the grocery store. I don’t take this event casually as I once did. Should I keep routine doctor’s appointments or not? What about getting my teeth cleaned at the dentist? Should our grandson return to preschool and then go on to kindergarten in September? All these normal decision now how a life or death implication that I have never experienced previously. These are trying times, and we all need to follow the basic safety steps of wearing masks, social distancing and maintaining sanitary standards. Stay healthy.

No comments: