Thursday, October 6, 2022

Our Grandson

Our grandson is now seven and in second grade. He’s the one who kept us going during the pandemic, and I was his Zoom assistant for kindergarten. My wife and I moved back to Southern California in 2015 when he was about to be born. We’ve been delighted to take care of him since his parents work and child care is so expensive. Our routine now is I pick him up after school and he spends the afternoon at our house until Mom or Dad pick him up at the end of the day. My wife does homework and sticker books with him and I oversee the computer homework which includes Jiji (math), core 5 (English) and Raz Kids (reading). He is into Minecraft, and when he gets together with friends, they invent Minecraft related games to play. My day is made when he comes running out of school with a smile on his face and gives me a big hug. 

No comments: