Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Genealogy Research

I’ve never done much genealogy research. I had a cousin on my dad’s side of the family who did extensive research on that part of the family and passed the results on to me. My mom did some research on her family, and I have those papers as well. My wife inherited some genealogy analysis done by one of her relatives. She then assembled genealogy books for each of our three kids and ourselves, so we have the collected information.

I’m currently writing stories that have been told to me by a 94-year-old World War II veteran, who was a prisoner of war in Germany. Along the way, I’ve done a little research of his family. I’m now intrigued by this line of research. It’s one of those things that you can put an unlimited amount of time into. There is always one more name, one more database, one more piece of evidence to track down.

What’s been your experience with genealogy research?

No comments: