Thursday, July 6, 2017

Geezer-lit Mysteries

Many of my published books are geezer-lit mysteries. For those of you unfamiliar with the sub-genre, these are mystery novels that feature older characters. For many years at mystery conferences such as The Left Coast Crime Conference, Bouchercon and Malice Domestic, I wore my geezer-lit mysteries straw hat. In the last two years, I’ve set it aside because I have published paranormal, historical, theater and sports mysteries as well as a thriller and a non-fiction biography of a World War II veteran.

But I need to dust off my geezer-lit mystery straw hat because my next book coming out in August is a geezer-lit mystery with a whole new cast of characters. The protagonist is in his forties, but the novel takes place in a retirement home, and many quirky older characters play key roles. More to come. Stay tuned.

No comments: